Review: Make Your Own Neural Network

As part of understanding neural networks I was reading Make Your Own Neural Network by Tariq Rashid. A review is below:

Make Your Own Neural Network Make Your Own Neural Network by Tariq Rashid
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The book itself can be painful to work through, as it is written for a novice, not just in algorithms and data analysis, but also in programming. For the neural network aspect, it jumped between overly simplistic and complicated, while providing neither in enough detail. That said, by the end I found it a worthwhile dive into neural networks, since once it got to the programming structure, it all made sense, but only because I stuck with it.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charting Correlation Matrices in R

Attractive Confusion Matrices in R Plotted with fourfoldplot

Calculating Value at Risk (VaR) with Python or R