Review: Text Analysis with R for Students of Literature (Quantitative Methods in the Humanities and Social Sciences)

Text Analysis with R for Students of Literature (Quantitative Methods in the Humanities and Social Sciences)Text Analysis with R for Students of Literature by Matthew L. Jockers
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Engaging writing, with code samples and practices. As for programming, I thought the code quality was somewhat low or sloppy, but Jockers is not a software developer by trade. While reading, I did have a few ideas to solve some text-matching issues across systems, and generally, I found the lack of discipline in the author's approach conducive to flexible thinking about using techniques with R.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charting Correlation Matrices in R

Attractive Confusion Matrices in R Plotted with fourfoldplot

Calculating Value at Risk (VaR) with Python or R